DEPARTMENT: CITY CLERK
POSITION: CITY CLERK
The City of Orange City is looking for a skilled and dedicated individual to serve as City Clerk for the City of Orange City. The City Clerk position is a contract position appointed by the City Council. The City Clerk directly serves the City Council as the representative of the legislative branch of government. This position performs a range of routine to complex duties to assist and work in close cooperation with the City Council and the City Manager.
The City of Orange City offers a rewarding working environment and the chance to make an impact on the local community. The City of Orange City offers competitive salaries based on candidate experience, four weeks paid time off each year, and membership in the Florida Retirement System (FRS). The position covers a wide variety of functionality, including:
- Serve as the custodian of official City records
- Supervise support personnel within the City Clerk’s Office
- Receive and process applications and payments for Orange City Local Business Taxes
If this is the career opportunity that you have been looking for and believe you are the right fit for the Orange City team, check out the full position job description below for more details. Applications can be submitted electronically to email@example.com, mailed, or dropped to our Human Resources Office. Applications are available at www.ourorangecity.com. Resumes may be attached to your application but will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
This position will be posted until 5:00 PM on September 25, 2020. All applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department by this deadline for consideration. After the posting has closed it may take up to a week for hiring managers to review applications and contact those candidates selected for an interview.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree preferred
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in progressively responsible related governmental administrative work (preferably as City Clerk or Deputy City Clerk)
- CMC or AAE designation through International Institute of Municipal Clerks, desired.
HIRING RANGE: $62,171.71 – 104,098.50, depending on qualifications
POSITION SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
The City of Orange City is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Individuals selected for employment must first pass a background and driving history check before commencing work with the City of Orange City.