Thank you to all of our sponsors!
WHAT IS THE MAYORS FITNESS CHALLENGE?
The Mayors Fitness Challenge is a 10-week self improvement competition to motivate you to lead a healthier lifestyle. Anyone who is 16 years old or older and lives or works in Orange City may participate in this challenge. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place male & female winners will be awarded based on the greatest percentage of body weight lost.
2019 Orange City Mayors Fitness Challenge
Cost: $25 per person (cash, checks made out to ‘City of Orange City’, credit*/debit* accepted at City Hall only *3.5% transaction fee added to cost.)
Registration: Accepted now through January 28, 2019
- In person: Fill out the registration form and return it to City of Orange City—City Hall, 205 East Graves Ave. Please see Danielle FitzPatrick.
- Online: Signups are closed for 2019
- Kickoff event: January 28th, 2019 City Council Chambers – 201 N Holly Ave, 5:00 pm. Pay with cash or check.
Who Can Participate? Anyone who is 16 years of age and older (individuals under the age of 18 must have signed consent from their parent or guardian) AND either lives or works in Orange City.
Kickoff Event: January 28, 2019, 5:00pm – 6:30 pm. *Please wear comfortable work-out clothes to the kick-off to ensure accurate weight during the weigh-in.
What is included in the $25 registration fee?
- Beginning and ending biometric screenings provided by Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
- Mayors Fitness Challenge Shirt
- Water Bottle
- Weekly walks led by Mayor Blair and/or other City Staff
- In-person Fit Camps 3x a week
- Access to Just Dance & Fitness 2x a week (Zumba, Yoga, Cardio Kickboxing classes)
- Line Dancing classes
- 1 free month at Darkwolf MMA
- Healthy recipes, tips and more
Top 3 men & top 3 women will receive* (based on highest percentage of body weight lost)
- 1st place $400
- 2nd place $250
- 3rd place $100
*Participants are not eligible for a cash prize if they won a cash prize in the 2018 MFC.
Ending Biometric Screening: Monday April 8th, 2019, time and location TBD
In order to be eligible for any cash prize, contestants must complete the beginning and ending biometric screening.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, April 13 at Mill Lake Park at 10 am.
If you have any other questions, please contact Danielle FitzPatrick at 386-775-5410.