We would like to remind all residents, including those who live in city limits, to follow the countywide watering ordinance, which states:
– People who live at odd-numbered addresses may water on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
– People who live at even-numbered addresses may water on Thursdays and Sundays.
– Businesses may water on Tuesdays and Fridays.
– Each zone of your irrigation system may be watered no more than one hour or three-quarters of an inch a day.
– Watering is not permitted between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. (Up to 65% of water applied during these hours evaporates.) The restrictions cover city and county water, private wells and pumps, but do not include reclaimed water. Residents who violate the water conservation ordinance may be fined.
Please water responsibly. For more water conservation tips, visit http://www.volusia.org/water-conservation.